St. Anthony School Council Meeting
March 27, 2018 / 6:00 PM / ST ANTHONY
Thank you for bringing us together this evening.
Please help us to listen to one another and share ideas so that
we can do our very best for the students and their families at St. Anthony Catholic School. Amen.
- Principal’s report & Teacher’s report
- EQAO - Students in Gr 3 & 6. Reviewed upcoming dates: May 23, 24, 25, 29, 30, 31.
- All testing will done first block on each of the mornings and will be given time to complete their work block 2.
- Encouraged parents to not make appointments for their children on these dates.
2) Catholic Education Week - May 7th - 11th
- Open House is on Monday, May 7th. Parents will be invited into the school at 8:30 am for coffee and muffins. Our liturgy will begin in the gym at approximately 8:45 am.
- Parents will then be invited into the classroom to see student work, to experience a lesson in progress
3) St. Anthony BBQ - Thursday, June 21st at 4:00 pm
- Knights of Columbus will provide hotdogs for our community
- M. Girard and a few of our junior students will provide music
- There will be a bouncy castle - our plan is to do some fundraising for our bouncy castle by selling freezies and making class gift baskets ( more to come on that…)
4) St. Anthony Running Club for students in Grades 2 to 6.
- a commitment to work on improving the overall fitness of our students
- students will run regularly at school and at home and will track their fitness progress - also encouraged to do other fitness related activities as part of the tracking - students invited to participate in the Run Ottawa Marathon on Sunday, May 27th, a 1.2 km run, as a culmination of their fitness goals.
5) There have been overall improvements in the building - new floors and furniture in staff room; new desks/tables/chairs in classrooms.
6) We have a Tower Garden in Room 008 - our EDP room across from the kinder classrooms
- the kinder students had a salad lunch last week, celebrating the first batch of lettuce produced from the tower garden.
7) Lenten Project - proceeds will go to Christie Lake Kids. We have been fundraising for our cause - photos, PJ Day, Bubblegum Day coming up.
- Items of discussion
- CSPA next Events & Board update
- Anxiety in School-Aged Children with Dr. Jean Clinton (April 3)
- Books, clothing & food donation
- Lunch lady - Thanks to Guadalupe as she has been making wraps for lunch
- Parent council representatives along with Mrs. AB attended a meeting organized by the Somerset West Community Health Centre to present and discuss their plans for the Supervised Injection Site opening at 55 Eccles. Site staff gave a presentation outlining the benefits to the community, how the SIS will function, and we had an opportunity to tour the future facility. SWCHC staff were available to answer questions. There will be opportunities for community engagement once the site opens.
- Next events
- Catholic Education Week (May 7th - 11th, 2018)
Liturgy and Open House on Monday, May 7th at 8:00 - 11:00 am
b. Welcome to Kindergarten on Thursday, May 17th at 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
c. Start planning the Year end BBQ (June 21, 2018)
Next Meetings: April 26 / May 24 / June 6 // meetings start at @ 6pmSarah and Natacha, Co-Chairs, St. Anthony School Council